Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I Have Super Powers

Hi, my name is Anna and I have super powers.

Most of the time, I'm pretty boring and fall short of the person I would like to be in so many ways. I am always trying to be better. I want to be a better mother, a better friend, a better so-many-things.

But when I put on my running shoes, I suddenly have super powers. I can fly through the streets, I can see more clearly, I get all kinds of wonderful ideas, I know how to be a better person, I become a better person.

I fight all the villains of my day while I'm running. Sometimes I fight inward villains like lethargy, anger and moodiness. Sometimes they are outward villains.

The running shoes do not always activate my superpowers.

Some days the batteries are dead and they need to be recharged. On those days, running can make me feel worse instead of better. It's as if I go to fly and my wings don't work so I fall flat on my face. That usually takes some recovering from.

But I know I'll recover, I'll recharge my batteries and my super powers will come back.

Then I will go flying through the streets once again.

Running is a pretty cool super power to have, but it's not the only one. We all have super powers. Sometimes they take a while to figure out. I know because it took years before I even knew I had this super power.

What's your super power?

3 comments:

  1. I can craft with just about anything. No really try me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Crystal, I remember those days.

    Tara, I believe you. I know you can do wonders w/ duct tape! ;-)

    ReplyDelete