Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ah, Sweet Dreams!

Yesterday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, my online running mom group organized a one-mile challenge.

The idea was to run a mile (both the fastest and slowest runners win, oh yeah that's why I love this group!) and we each had to come up with our own dream and team name.

I had a lot of time to come up with this the night before when I was not sleeping. My dream was that E-man would let me sleep so I could dream. My team name was sweet dreams.

Well guess what?

Last night, my dream was a reality. E-man went to bed at the super early time of 12:00 midnight. And that's not even the best part. I had tried to put him to bed at 10, he laid down for about 10 seconds and then jumped out of the bed and ran back into his playroom. After the previously night where he did go to bed on time, but then was up at 3, 4, 5, 6 and finally 7, I was in no mood to fight him. So I just let him play.

Well at midnight (nope I'm not joking, this is a good 2 hours before his normal bedtime), he came and put his head in my lap. I said, "Are you ready to go night night, E-man?" and he said, "YES!"

So I brought him to bed, shut off all the lights, he cuddled up next to me and went straight to sleep. He is still sleeping now and I managed to get five whole hours of sleep and two hours of work done so far today! Oh I am so happy!

As for the running challenge, I love this group of running moms. They are always inspiring me to do things that I would not normally do. Yes, crazy things sometimes, but mostly really great things. For example, yesterday I did 3 one-mile repeats. Which means you warm up, then run for a mile as fast as you can, then recover a mile, then repeat for a total of seven miles.

When I was training for my 10k last year, I could barely bring myself to do quarter mile repeats at 8:45 pace. I think one day after plenty of sleep and with some really good music, I got in one half mile repeat at that pace. But yesterday, I did a whole mile 3 times at that pace!

Shave five more seconds off, hold that pace for 26.2 miles nonstop, hope that Boston doesn't change their qualifying times and Boston, here I come!

This is a picture of the tent I bought for E-man. He doesn't seem to like sleeping in it, although he LOVES to play in it.

I, however, have snuck a few hours of sleep in here by crawling in and closing the zipper when no one was looking. I guess E-man just figured I was gone since I wasn't in any of the places he usually finds me (not many other places to hide in this one-bedroom apartment) and so he bothered his daddy for a change. I highly recommend a tent for this purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So happy for you. Hope tonight goes even better.

    ReplyDelete