Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Forget running, mommy needs some sleep!

For the past few days I have been so depressed. Nothing that I could put my finger on, like oh this is depressing me, if I could change it, I would no longer be depressed. I guess that's what depression is like, if you could put your finger on it, it wouldn't be depression.

I have just had a general feeling of no motivation, nothing to look forward to, can't do anything right, could barely bring myself to run yesterday, could barely get any work done, just a general hopelessness.

But no more of that today. I am back to my old self, feeling happy, motivated and full of ideas on how to make myself, my family, my home and the world a better place.

So what changed? Sleep, I tell you, sleep! The problem is that my child has some issue with going to sleep at night. Actually, scratch that, he doesn't have an issue with it, he just doesn't do it. I am the one with the issue, with him keeping me up 'till 2, sometimes 3am and then I have to get up at 5am to get my running and work done.

But last night I put some new satin sheets on the bed (this was my first time ever to try these and they were a big hit!), cuddled up inside of them and said, "I'm taking the morning off." It was still a little annoying that my son kept coming and getting me all hours of the night, but at least I knew that once he did fall asleep, I too would be able to fall asleep and not worry about having to wake up in two or three hours.

Now I am feeling great. Only one problem. Do I have to make a choice between being a happy person that never gets anything done or a depressed be-atch, but with many accomplishments?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Anna that sounds brutal. Hope you can figure out a night time routine that works for E-man so that you can get more sleep and get in your workouts.

    ReplyDelete